We have an opportunity at our Smeaton Grange depot. Apply now to find out more!
As a qualified Electrician you will be responsible for the delivery of planned generator installation works, alternator repairs, and reactive maintenance & repairs of diesel & gas generators.
About the role
Working with a dedicated team of multi-disciplined technicians, you will be based out of our Smeaton Grange branch & also working independently on our customers sites. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working on generator sets and generator control panels
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics on generators up to 2,500KVA
- Modifying wiring looms/diagrams
- Commissioning of new generator systems & transfer switches
- Working closely with the Mechanical Service team
- Completing all work with a high focus on safety & reliability
- Occasional travel
What’s on offer
- Company supplied iPad and mobile phone
- Fully maintained company vehicle
- A competitive hourly rate, overtime & holiday allowances
- Safety equipment & PPE provided
- Training programmes where required
What’s in it for you
- Annual remuneration reviews
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
- Varied work environment
- A diverse and inclusive working environment with high working standards
- Relevant electrical trades qualification
- An understanding of control systems (including PLC and relay logic)
- The ability to interpret electrical schematics
- Construction industry White Card
- Excellent team work and customer service skills
- Current driver’s license
- Forklift license preferred
- Previous experience in the Power Generation field would be highly regarded
- Must be an Australian citizen
PowerGen Australia is an Authorised Dealer & Service Agent for Kohler Power Systems up to 3,500kVA. We take great pride in supplying the highest quality generators, parts, accessories & services.
We also stock and supply spare parts from a range of brands including MeccAlte & Leroy Somer alternators, DeepSea, Woodward & ComAp controllers.
Sound like the role for you? Apply online today.